Saturday, March 14, 2015

Unethical actions can have positive outcomes! Linkedin Colleague requests.


I have just had a Linkedin request from a person who caused me to leave GM Flint.

The Unethical action

 The Linkedin wannabe colleague, got copies of a job he designed and made hardcopies via a 3rd party and left them on a high level Design Managers desk.

By printing off the copies on my computer under my log in ID. The Manager in question ( two levels above my then GM boss, Ron - I can't remember his name) would see the ID on the screen copies and attribute the design material to me.

Needless to say the quality of this material was abysmal.

He is now a high level GM Design Manager himself now. So theoretically it would be a positive thing to have him as a contact.
I didn't make a fuss at the time. I left for a much better paying job.

I must say I am not sure to be annoyed or amused!
His GM brand is closing its Engineering unit, so maybe that has something to do with it.

In this case once bitten twice shy.


The gentleman in question will fall on his feet I'm sure, however I prefer to remain outside of his area of influence.

I must say, everything happens for a reason, and whilst my career appears to be on hold presently, I have enjoyed my life experience in the last decade or so.

Sitting behind a tube in Warren Mi would pay the bills. I don't miss it at all.

The Positve outcome

Since leaving Flint, I worked for GM in my new role in America and Germany. Enjoyed it thoroughly, worked in Malaysia, loved Malaysia... working for Lotus wasn't great if I'm honest. My wanna be Linkedin colleague would have been at home there.

Being involved with a Media company (Board Member) getting some first hand experience with the tourist industry (more as a friend than worker)

 and meeting CEO's and in one case the ex Malaysian PM, Dr. Tun Mahathir (on the left below), no we're not friends or colleagues, would not have happened without my wanna be Linkedin friend.


There are a lot more positives than negatives that came out of his unethical action.

Everything happens for a reason!

Next step... Get my Dream project up and running!

I know who can influence the outcome. I hope they come through for me.

Lucky I'm patient and persistent and happy... healthy... don't hold grudges... the list goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment