Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Would Jackie Stewart endorse my proposal?

Recently I wrote about endorsements on Linkedin. Endorsements genuinely made, and publicly made can be invaluable. More of that later.
This month, I have also made a blog entry on when I made a presentation to the former CEO of Lotus Engineering, Albert Lam.
Albert gave me two hours of his time. He was immaculately dressed and very professional and polite.
However, he could not see a revenue stream. He only saw a noble idea.
No endorsement there.
Albert has gone on to get funding for his own project.
Detroit Electric
This company will buy bodies from Proton and add an electric powertrain.
I haven't seen any for sale.
CODA electric cars do a similar thing.
They do have cars for sale.
You can buy one for just under $30,000 USA after government incentives.

GM are showcasing their new all Electric car SPARK
This will cost about $25,000 after government incentives.













Electric vehicles are now being produced by mainstream OEM's.
It will be interesting to see how the small niche manufacturers compete in what is now a main stream marketplace.

When I first proposed training people using Motorsport as a tool, very few academic institutions were doing so. Cranfield were running Motorsport management courses.
That was it (I think)

Now it is common. Google Motorsport course/education etc and you'll get plent of results..

The UK, America and Malaysia have private Universities.

There is obviously demand for Motorsport (and Football) based studies.

Below the picture is a link to a Football based education initiative.

I think I need a White Knight. Someone with a higher profile than me to stand up and say, "You know this initiative makes sense."
The gentlemen on this video are all high profile.Alastair Campbell in particular is a regular on UK TV.
 It says a lot about the proposal.People take notice. TV crews turn up.
It's a shame someone like Jackie Stewart doesn't throw his weight behind MUM.
As I write, I'm looking at a picture of him signing my T shirt at the Belle Isle race in 1996.
Presently he is an Ambassador for GENII owners of Lotus F1.


I wrote a blog entry a couple of years ago:
The UK open University seem to have taken to the virtual World,
like Ducks to water!


http://motorsportuniversitymalaysia.blogspot.co.uk/2010_06_01_archive.html


Open University claims record iTunes downloads
The article is very interesting:
The global figure for downloads from iTunes U has reached 250 million.
"The way people want to learn is changing," says Open University vice-chancellor, Martin Bean.

The Open University, once parodied for its late-night television shows, is now pioneering the use of the internet to reach its students.
Chart toppers

It began putting material on Apple's iTunes U service in June 2008 - and in two years has had 20 million items downloaded.
"There is a real worldwide hunger for learning," he says.


No comments:

Post a Comment