Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Riad Asmat has a point. Group Lotus have been sleeping...Dany Bahar to the rescue?

Today, I received another email from www.lotusracing.my Tom Webb.
In view of yesterdays post regarding naming rights I found it interesting.
Tom quotes Riad Asmat. Riad used to work for Proton, Group Lotus owners...

Now we look to the future. The details of what has been going on behind the scenes are now coming to light, and that’s good because it means the shareholders of Proton, the government, will now know the truth of what has been going on. However the important thing is to look at what we are doing to guarantee future success. We have already invested heavily in ensuring the Malaysian / ASEAN motorsports platform grows, something that cannot be said for our colleagues at Group Lotus.

This slideshare gives a little history to the Group Lotus story regarding the SIC SepangF1 track.



Yesterday, I quoted an article written by Bernama, the Malaysian media agency:

SIC, Lotus to jointly develop world class Motoring industry
SIC chief executive officer Razlan Razali said:
We have sent proposals to the finance ministry, not only for the Lotus technical centre, but also to repair and upgrade the circuit.

I assume the circuit are referring to Tony Fernandes and his business partners when referring to the Lotus technical centre. I would be amazed if Group Lotus had anything to do with it.

Riad Asmat is quite right to bring this issue up. Group Lotus were in a position to set up an academy/technical centre in SepangF1 (SIC). They remain in Bukit Jalil (Where? I hear you say).
I guess Group Lotus are above working with the ministry of finance.

Luckily, should the management wake up from their slumber, Group Lotus still have a plan B - Johor.
I have removed my slideshare version of the plan.
Google: Motorsport University Malaysia or click here to see my webpage.

Sadly, Johor is even further from the wonderful expat watering hole that is Bangsar...

Perhaps the new Group Lotus CEO, Dany Bahar will now view my proposal personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment