Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Autocar reports Bob Lutz is possibly joining Lotus

Autocar is reporting that Bob Lutz is considering an appointment with Group Lotus.
I have been fortunate enough to have worked with GM in the States. I never had the pleasure of working with or for Bob Lutz. However, he is a great speaker, very charismatic and I'm sure he would be a great figure head for Lotus.
In my humble opinion he has the X factor. That certain something that makes you look up and take notice. It was no coincidence that GM stuck him in front of TV cameras at every opportunity.


When I worked in Germany for GM my Opel "Boss" was Dieter Bratke. After the project was over, Dieter was seconded to Detroit where, I'm led to believe,  he was part of the Bob Lutz team. Herr Bratke was a very smart man. I enjoyed working with him. He has now retired from GM.
As I have said before, I have done work for the present GM president Mark Reuss.  When I worked with Mark he was a release engineer. I found him to be honest, straight forward, hard working and serious. Nothing wrong with that.
I wish him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment